Az tax credit ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Az tax credit ??

The AZ Tax Credit 323 for School Tutition. This credit you can now pay the school up to April 15th 2013, and still take the credit on your 2012 tax retun.
    My question is can you amend a already filed return and still take the credit???

Yes

Originally posted by PIGLEE View Post
    The AZ Tax Credit 323 for School Tutition. This credit you can now pay the school up to April 15th 2013, and still take the credit on your 2012 tax retun.
    My question is can you amend a already filed return and still take the credit???
    Now you non AZ tax preparers have a sample of how our "state law makers operate". If you are referring to amending the already filed 2012 AZ tax return, the answer is YES but not the Fed 2012 if the donation was made in 2013 on or before April 15th and your client claimed it as a charitable donation on Fed Sch A. That will go on the Fed 2013 Sch A. Sounds like double dipping doesn't it.

Comment

It is

in a sense, double dipping. I do this on my own tax return every year because it is allowed. The thing that bothers me is that AZ really needs the tax income. It seems that it would be better to give all taxpayers a break rather than the elite few that take advantage of this credit.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
        ........... the answer is YES but not the Fed 2012 if the donation was made in 2013 on or before April 15th and your client claimed it as a charitable donation on Fed Sch A. That will go on the Fed 2013 Sch A. Sounds like double dipping doesn't it.
        Is it a donation or an expense for tuition? Doesn't seem it could be both.

Comment

Donation

It is a donation to an organization that gives out the scholarships to students to attend private schools.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yes it is a deduction on the Fed, and a Credit on AZ. But I never thought about the fact that a donation in 2013 for the 2012 credit on the AZ return, would not be a deduction on the Federal until 2013. They have simplified things again. Remember the problems we had when we could deduct the Federal tax on the AZ return, and the games we had to play when someone did an estimated payment in January?

Comment

Working...
            X