GA Efile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA Efile

Can you efile a GA501 Fiduciary return? I don't know why this information is so difficult to find, but I have searched all over and cannot determine. It is not coming up in my software. Also can a GA 500 or GA500EZ be efiled alone? The federal has already been sent in.

GA 501 can't be e-filed...

I've been hoping for several years they'd get this online. I hate explaining to my trust clients every year that they'll have to mail that in after I've e-filed the Federal.

Comment

Followup

To my knowledge, a GA500 or 500EZ has to be filed at the same time as the Federal Return. I don't know of any software package that lets you file it independently.

Comment

Well, I just did it Monday night! It may have been a software glitch but I efiled federal and state on 2/19, and the GA500EZ rejected with some crazy error to wit: STATE-007. "The IRS Submission ID referenced in the State Submission must be that of an IRS return." What? (The DCN numbers are not the same, but I efiled earlier GA returns (500's) which processed and they weren't the same either.) After numerous tries, I deleted the 500EZ and created a 500 return. Still would not go, but I pulled it back up just for kicks Monday and voila! it transmitted & everything just fine. I have ACK from GA that it was accepted. Go figure. PS: Yeah, on the trust return, I had to mail in. VA hasn't got theirs online yet either. Am mailing them all.

Comment

Working...
        X