No announcement yet.

MARY E - Roth Conversion - Form 8606

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MARY E - Roth Conversion - Form 8606

    Mary E wrote:

    Help needed. On 2011 taxes, tp converted traditional IRA to a Roth, I listed the amount from 1099R on return and all taxes due where paid; however, I did not list the roth conversion amount on the return... should I ammend 2011 or can I just sent in form 8606 separately ? :/
    I think you can send in Form 8606 by itself. If you file an amended return, it's not going to change anything. You would still have to attach Form 8606. Form 8606 is designed so that it can be filed by itself. That's why there is an address block at the top.


    People are not going to read your posts if you don't put a topic in the subject line.

    Don't feel bad. I realize that this was your very first post on this message board. We don't want to chase you off!

    Just be aware that many people will not bother to look at a post with a generic title such as "need some help."

    Welcome to the TaxBook community!

    Burton M. Koss

    The map is not the territory...
    and the instruction book is not the process.

    Need some help

    If you need some help, it would be best to indicate the nature of the help needed.
    However, people usually are curious enough to want to know what kind of help you are seeking.

    A lot of messages have subjects like "I'm confused" or "I have a question," etc.
    If you specified the nature of your problem, it would be more likely to be read and answered by someone familiar with the subject. I try to answer questions if I have knowledge of the topic, but there are a lot of things that I never encounter, so I may skip questions dealing with those subjects. That again is a reason to clarify what you are concerned with to save those of us who know nothing about it from reading it unless we want to learn more about it.