LLC formation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLC formation

I have a client who has has his business under a partnership(1065). he wants to form an llc and operate that same business under an llc. My assumption is that i simply have to register that business with the sec. of state as an LLC with proper application and the fee. all his federal and state registerations should stay the same since his ein and the state tax numbers are allready registered for a partnership. correct?

It may depend on the state

Originally posted by ardi600 View Post
    I have a client who has has his business under a partnership(1065). he wants to form an llc and operate that same business under an llc. My assumption is that i simply have to register that business with the sec. of state as an LLC with proper application and the fee. all his federal and state registerations should stay the same since his ein and the state tax numbers are allready registered for a partnership. correct?
    It my depend on the state but here in AZ I dont see a problem for the P'Ship filing the necessary docs to become an LLC.

Comment

Do I need a new EIN link

The EIN does not change, but you might have to inform the IRS of a name change. Not sure about your State.

Comment

Working...
      X