Panel Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel Discussion

I have been asked to be the tax expert in a panel discussion of Obamacare in front of an audience of small business owners with about half expected to have no employees and with work forces I would guess of no more than twenty among those with any employees at all. It would help if I knew at least the professions of the the other panelists but I do not. I plan to only open my mouth about tax aspects and I am aware of only two. One is the individual mandate which has not kicked in yet and the other is the Small Employer Health Insurance Tax Credit. What else do I need to be prepared to address? References to our book would be especially welcome or even a statement that one of the courses (which I do not have but have time to get) has info not in the 1040 and Small Business Books.

Obamacare

TaxBook published a book on Obamacare shortly after the disaster was passed. You might get that for a reference. It has sections the effect individuals, insurance companies and individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveling EA View Post
      TaxBook published a book on Obamacare shortly after the disaster was passed. You might get that for a reference. It has sections the effect individuals, insurance companies and individuals.
      The What's New In-Depth book for the 2012 tax year has the entire health care bill that was covered in that publication, with updated info for the latest IRS rulings. Besides the individual mandate and the small business tax credit, you also should cover the employer mandate for 50 or more employees. Even though you don't think any of your business people are that large, some could be close and it would be a good idea to make those people aware of what happens if they grow to 50 or more employees.

Tab 1 in the 1040 and Deluxe books also has a summary of the tax provisions. You might want to look at those, and if you think you need more info on any of those, look at the What's New In-Depth book.

If you have the Web Library, the What's New In-Depth book is included in that subscription. But if it were me sitting on a panel as the tax expert discussing the health care law, I'd want the printed book sitting in front of me. You don't know what questions people are going to ask and there are plenty of rumors about that law that people are going to want answers for.
      Last edited by Bees Knees; 03-02-2013, 09:03 AM.

Comment

TY Guys

I just ordered the What's New In Depth and look forward to receiving it.

Comment

Working...
        X