Min Charge for 2 Partners P'Ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Min Charge for 2 Partners P'Ship?

What is the min you would charge to begin or starting fee point for a husband/wife P'Ship. In this case AZ has to be paper filed regardless.

I try to start at $500

Comment

Wow, I won't feel so bad for charging 335 then! But this partnership was my first a few years back, and I'm in the country, I have very low overhead.

Comment

Very small price

I just did a 2 partner partnership that has small income and expenses each year. only takes about 20 minutes to generate and print the return. I charged them $125. That is nearly 400 an hour and almost too much.
        AJ, EA

Comment

I've done some for as little as $ 125, maybe even $100. If it is a very simple, small partnership, a low fee can be a high hourly rate.

Comment

Oh, I've done them cheaper, too. Then the spouse calls me to ask if they told me they have a SIMPLE and don't forget to calculate the match, and only one partner has the SIMPLE. And, then they call to ask if their HSA counts as health insurance. So, I have to re-balance the return. But, the event that is the reason for the partnership takes place in a different state. And, their books are on Quicken; my latest version of Quicken is 2007, so I have to buy new software or try to convert their file to QB. After converting so I can drill down, I discover that all those distributions on the Balance Sheet, well $22,500 of them are labeled GP for one of the partners. So, I have to re-re-balance the return. Now, they call me up every 20 minutes to find out how to enter their K-1s in their Turbo Tax and where does this go and am I sure it's a Code R and why are they paying so much more tax this year and...! That's why I quote a $500 starting fee for partnerships. I can always make them very happy the second year when I lower my fee for the organized client (I list the total fee and then give a Loyal Client Discount).

Comment

Instead of quoting a price of $500 or $100 I would wait until the return was finished and base the price on the effort it took to do it, so $150 might be too much and $ 500 might be too little.

Comment

$600 minimum

$300 if NO ACTIVITY for the year

Comment

Working...
                X