EIC Publication 596.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EIC Publication 596.

Hooray! My brand-new IRS pub on Earned Income Credit just arrived today. Not that it's much use or needed, but every year in December I order a few IRS pubs (some are useful) just to keep in touch with the folks in charge.

What masters of timing those government guys are! It's always interesting to me that no matter when you order the EIC book, you can't get it 'til close to the first of March at which time the interest in EIC is almost completely dead. They could burn the books and save the postage; or better yet -- never print them in the first place.

Looks like somebody who works for 'em would eventually realize (and tip off the boss) after all this time (EIC's been around for...what? 40 years?) that it's 95% over and done with between the last of January and the 15th of February.

Your government dollars at work.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 02-28-2013, 11:17 AM.

You are doing better than me. I have not received one of the items that I ordered and were told would be shipped when they receive them. Although this is probably true, since they don't plan to ever receive them, I would rather they just tell me "Forget It Sucker". Then I would know not to count on them.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

I giggle every time one of my requested pubs finally arrive after Apr 15th!! I have learned to print a hard copy from the website if I really want it!

Comment

Y'all know don't you that you can download pubs from the web? (grin
        I know, best to have printed copy if you're going to take one with you in
        that "other" reading room.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Yeah,

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
          Y'all know don't you that you can download pubs from the web? (grin
          I know, best to have printed copy if you're going to take one with you in
          that "other" reading room.
          but who wants to burn 62 pages worth of cartridge ink for such? Also, just took a look at the 1040 instruction book online; 214 pages -- can you believe it? And to think, I remember when it was about 10-15 pages and 1040A forms were printed on half a page.

Originally posted by thomtax
          You are doing better than me. I have not received one of the items that I ordered...
          You're too far back in the sticks, Thom. Problem is the mailman's mule doesn't like to hang off steep AR mountainside cliffs when he's not in the mood. I suggest you move to metro Dogpatch for quick delivery (no more'n a month late - including Publishers' Clearing House).
          Last edited by Black Bart; 02-28-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I suggest you move to metro Dogpatch for quick delivery (no more'n a month late - including Publishers' Clearing House).
            Speaking of Dogpatch, what did they ever do with that place?
            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
            X