ATX - Depreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX - Depreciation

Got some issues with my software, ATX, and depreciation on a rolled-over 1065. I'm interested in talking or e-mailing with any other ATX users on the board. Is there are a way to make a connection with other users? I guess I could post the technicalities of the issues but don't want to use the message board incorrectly. So... any ATX users that I can connect with? Thanks.

You should go to the Unofficial ATX Community.
    There's lots of discussion over there, including what you are dealing with. T
    he really nice thing about that forum is that it's autonomous - the forum users own it
    Therefore, the vendor can't delete your posts if they happen not to like what you're saying about their product.

"The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

John, thanks for the suggestion. I have attempted to use the ATX Community forum. So far, no solutions but I'll keep trying. I would like to talk or e-mail with a butt-kicking ATX user if one is willing to help. Thanks again.

Comment

Did you take a look at the special "Software Issues" area of the forum?

(I also sent you a PM here)
        Last edited by JohnH; 02-28-2013, 10:22 AM.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

And, the official board has a lot about workarounds for various issues.

At the UNofficial board, you can send a private message to a preparer who seems to have tackled your issue.

Comment

ATX Community

ATXCOMMUNITY.com appears to be a source of info, also just google ATX 2012 problems.

There are hugh problems with ATX this year, this is my opinion only, but a class action lawsuit is inevitable. CCH just fired and relpaced the President of the ATX division, rignt in the middle of tax season.

Comment

Another forum poster say ATX has internal problems

Might I suggest you call ProSeries, explain the problems with ATX and see whether they will give you a discount on PS Pro....then call ATX and tell them you want a refund.
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Also I would highly recommend Drake Software, rated #1 in the AICPA survey for lower end packages. I have yet to come across a tax return Drake cannot do, including a 5 state Corporarte return with automatic credits applied.

Comment

I am an ATX user, don't like the depreciation, fixed assets set up this year. I don't know alot about depreciation but would be glad to try to help if you want to send me a private message!

Comment

Joys

Aaaahhh the joys of cheap software.
                    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sova View Post
                      It's not exactly what I would call cheap -- $1K to $1.3K+. Not THE most expensive, but has always been a good value before.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sova View Post
                        You get what you pay for. It isn't only the software to be considered. What about the tech support and other services. What programs have online chat? How many years back can you download? When you make suggestions do you find what you asked for the next season?
                        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                        X