Interesting website about old typewriters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting website about old typewriters

Vintage typewriters at the vintage typewriter shoppe or vintagetypewritershoppe.com offers quality mint condition vintage and antique manual typewriters for sale worldwide!

A "one-man band" operation, I think -- a dedicated old craftsman who cleans, oils, refurbishes, and sells the aged clunkers to those of us long-in-the-tooth enough to remember such. Very nostalgic, but...I sure would hate to give up this computer for one.

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
    www.vintagetypewritershoppe.com

A "one-man band" operation, I think -- a dedicated old craftsman who cleans, oils, refurbishes, and sells the aged clunkers to those of us long-in-the-tooth enough to remember such. Very nostalgic, but...I sure would hate to give up this computer for one.
    Maybe he can help me locate the off/on switch for my 1916 Underwood (with it's gleaming polished black case and crystal clear glass sides).
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I just looked at the web site.
      He's located about 15 miles from my office.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Nostalgia

I (somewhat) learned to type on an old Royal typewriter. All of the typewriters shown had that big ole handle you whacked with your left hand when you heard the bell ring. In the words of a past NC basketball great, you almost had to be amphibious!

When I reached college and got a Smith-Corona electric typewriter, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. (Fond memories of those little dispensers with the white correction tape. I spent many an hour in a study carrel typing away...the thing was a bit noisy!) Sadly, one of the links to the keys eventually broke, and no one had any idea of how to repair such an "antique," so it quietly went to the graveyard.

I eventually bought a Brother "typewriter" with the whirly plastic wheel. It's still around here...somewhere.

FE

Comment

I just had to dust off my Smith Corona XE 1950

I just had to dust off my Smith Corona XE 1950 to use it for a few mins. I was lucky I found it. Client came in this morning far younger then me. I pointed to my SC XE 1950 and asked if she knew what it was. Nope.

Comment

Or you could hand them your invoice and a slide rule.
            Then tell them you'll give them a 50% discount if they can use it to accurately produce the result & show it to you.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
            X