Form 1040-ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1040-ES

ATX hasn't got it installed yet and only thing online from IRS is 2012. Anybody know anything about the 2013 paper estimates or is maybe IRS trying to not-so-gently nudge everybody into filing them electronically?

I have them available in my software. Need me to mail you some?
    Last edited by dkss; 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM. Reason: remove

Comment

Form 1040-ES has always been issued by the IRS three or four weeks later than most other forms. Due to the delay in finalizing most of the 2012 forms this year, I'm not surprised that the 1040-ES is even later than usual.

You mentioned ATX. I just learned that the president of CCH's Small Firm Services, responsible for ATX, has been fired. The program has many serious problems this year, and a significant percentage of its customer base is very unhappy ... demanding full refunds. The program is slow, s-l-o-w, S-L-O-W, shuts down (crashes) a lot and has many other frustrating quirks. The program was far, FAR better and more user friendly last year, and in prior years, and it's obvious that CCH didn't do nearly enough testing, including beta testing, before releasing this year's version.

There's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't break it!" It seems that when it comes to its ATX program, CCH has done exactly that!
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

Originally posted by Roland Slugg View Post
        There's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't break it!" It seems that when it comes to its ATX program, CCH has done exactly that!
        Roland - I always heard it "If it ain't broke,don't fix it"
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by thomtax
          I always heard it "If it ain't broke,don't fix it"
          So did I, and I never thought it made any sense. What do you think of my version?
          Roland Slugg
          "I do what I can."

Comment

I am going to vote for " I always heard it "If it ain't broke,don't fix it"
            I was caught in another Tax Software sanfu - it was not broke and they should NOT have tried to fix and/or provide us with a totally different Platform!

BB- I have an auxillary program - so If you need 1040ES coupons let me know I can email you blanks - then if you have Adobe and use typewriter feature I believe you can fill in the info I tried to find 2013 for you online - fillable form - but I don't see them

PM me if I can assist - can't believe ATX does ot have that feature yet - but all of the software issues this season are a surprise and a challenge.

Sandy

Comment

Form 1040-ES (2013)

Looks like the IRS posted the form today at around 3:00 PM...

If your browser is still loading the 2012 form, you may need to clear your cookies and cache. Or try this link:

If you still can't download it, you can probably just use this version. They won't notice the difference.

BMK
              Last edited by Koss; 02-26-2013, 11:10 PM.
              Burton M. Koss
              koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Good job Koss,
                I tried about an hour or so ago, and could not retrieve, so glad you found that for the People that are having issues with their Software.

Sandy

Comment

Thanx for the advice 'n' offers guys, but there's no hurry (well...yet) and I think I'll just wait 'til ATX puts its up 'cause I've got several to do and then it'll plug in all the info on the vouchers. Speakin' of typewriters; anybody here still got one? I think I have Dad's old manual Underwood somewhere. I always meant to unearth it and use it to type addresses on envelopes, but bought a label program and sorta forgot about it.

Originally posted by Roland Slugg
                  Form 1040-ES has always been issued by the IRS three or four weeks later than most other forms...

...You mentioned ATX. I just learned that the president of CCH's Small Firm Services, responsible for ATX, has been fired...

There's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't break it!" It seems that when it comes to its ATX program, CCH has done exactly that!...

Originally posted by thomtax
                  Roland - I always heard it "If it ain't broke,don't fix it"
                  So did I, and I never thought it made any sense. What do you think of my version?
                  Thanx for the info on IRS distribution of 1040-ES forms -- I had not noticed that previously.

As for ATX, it has been a mess, but my stand-alone computers haven't been affected too much (figured out several workarounds and generally kept runnin'). Pity those poor network operators whose servers/stations went completely haywire; many fled to Drake (no-hold support, so they tell me). Instead of firing the CEO, they should have just made him answer a tech support line for a week.

I like your "break" version which is the "sensible" version of the original's sarcastic "fix": trying to improve on a product that's working perfectly fine, completely fouling it up in the process, and leaving you with an inoperable....umm....something or another which I've done many, many times and keep swearin' to never do again.

Comment

You are a genius

Originally posted by Roland Slugg View Post
                    I use ATX. Your version is perfect.

BB, I think I was able to print 1040-ES the other day. I could be wrong, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that nobody's program works like anybody else's.
                    Last edited by RitaB; 02-27-2013, 06:26 AM.
                    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I use ATX too, and I could have sworn I just did the 1040 ES vouchers for a client this week and they were there. State of VA however is not up yet, even on their website. Will check later today.

Comment

This may not be kosher but, I would recommend you call ProSeries. If you explain the problem they might even be willing to give you a break on the software and then I would call ATX and ask for a refund.
                        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Okay,

I've got them (1040-ES) now. Burke and Rita are right; I guess they've been there for a while. Last time I looked at the forms list it was marked "unavailable" and ever since then I've just been reading the new forms list ever time I run an update and did not see it added on.

Originally posted by taxea
                          ...I would call ATX and ask for a refund.
                          Gosh tea, I cain't hardly do that -- I've been runnin' semi-swiftly with their product for 30 days. The analogy would be that old Woody Allen joke (from "Annie Hall," I think); i.e., two matrons were dining at an upscale restaurant in the Catskills. One says, "My, the food here is just terrible." The other replies, "Yes, and such small portions."

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                            .... and ever since then I've just been reading the new forms list ever time I run an update and did not see it added on.
                            You mean you can see it? I download new forms every day but my Forms Update Report is always blank. Nothing there.

Comment

Working...
                            X