Talk about creating competition for the hands that feed them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about creating competition for the hands that feed them

How many of you use ProSeries or Lacerte? Are you aware of this "Intuit Offers CPA Selection Service for TurboTax Users". The article was in an email I received by email from Accounting Today a couple of days ago.

Google it. It is very interesting and there is not one mention in the article of referring to Enrolled Agents. I am ready to bombard Intuit with emails or, at least one to tell them what I think of this policy.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

referral

I don't use those products, but I would not want to be on their list. You know it is probably just a bunch of people calling with complicated issues and they just want answers.
    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Master Plumber Commercial

No doubt you've seen the master plumber working under the sink who talks about the tax return he did for the onlookers at [HRB, JH, Liberty - choose one]. The homeowners thought he was a tax expert and are obviously disappointed.

And, of course, the solution to their sudden worries is TurboTax. Where they can talk to a CPA, Attorney, EA just as easy as turning on the water faucet and have this consortium of "real" experts available to them.

The ad hardly depicts true life, but it runs nonetheless. EAs and Attorneys are mentioned as well as CPAs.

I was approached to work for Intuit in this fashion. I suspect not because I have this colossal reputation as a tax expert but probably simply because I am on the IRS register as an EA and I got the same form letter as everyone else did. Not interested in working for someone trying to put me out of business, and wondered what it would be like spending time on the phone talking to people who think they know more than we do because they buy software.

I've often wondered how this works. They are probably charged extra by TT, maybe by the minute. If so, then the very best tax "experts" are the ones who keep the customer tied up on the phone the longest. Anyone had experience with this yet??

Comment

They contacted me some time ago. I wasn't interested in answering questions for non-clients.

Comment

Working...
        X