H & R block always looking for new income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H & R block always looking for new income

Received a clients W2 and on the bottom was a tear-offf discount from H & R Block. The employer was Gormans Inc.

I saw the same thing on a client's Harris-Teeter supermarket W-2 last week.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

HRB has been doing this forever,
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

They're everywhere

Originally posted by arlo View Post
        Received a clients W2 and on the bottom was a tear-offf discount from H & R Block. The employer was Gormans Inc.
        That is fairly common. I've seen them for national tax businesses other than HRB also...about as prevalent as ads on the back of supermarket receipts.

FE

Comment

My bank statement -- for my business account -- arrived with a Turbo Tax coupon! I actually called my bank and gave them a piece of my mind.

Comment

me too

Originally posted by Lion View Post
            My bank statement -- for my business account -- arrived with a Turbo Tax coupon! I actually called my bank and gave them a piece of my mind.
            My "online" banking account popped up a Turbo Tax ad at each login - So I switched banks - personal checking & savings, two different business checking accounts, 4 small savings accounts for the grandkids and several CDs!
            Guess what my small hometown bank didnt care and even though the bank President's "ex" is my wife's cousin - SO WHAT, Big DEAL! But it still made ME feel better!

Comment

My bank does the same, but

Originally posted by luke View Post
              My "online" banking account popped up a Turbo Tax ad at each login - So I switched banks - personal checking & savings, two different business checking accounts, 4 small savings accounts for the grandkids and several CDs!
              Guess what my small hometown bank didnt care and even though the bank President's "ex" is my wife's cousin - SO WHAT, Big DEAL! But it still made ME feel better!
              when you're making the markup they are (pay depositors 1/2 to 1% -- loan it back out at 6 to 8), they can afford to "not care." I guess the 600-800 percent gross profit explains all the new lavishly-adorned bank buildings that keep popping up on every street corner (apparently all the monied people want in on the action).

Comment

Great idea......by the way, I've never seen this come across any of the W2's I've seen. I wonder how you get this approved....do you have to work something out with the payroll company and/or printing company that prints the W2's for the payroll company?

Comment

Maybe you didn't know this

Originally posted by luke View Post
                  But your bank didn't put that ad for TT on their website, you did (kinda). Here's how it works. The bank's Internet host sells space on the bank's website to ad "aggregators" like Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc. Then, these ad aggregators, through the cookies on your own computer, figure out what web pages you have been recently viewing and "serve" you ads from their advertisers that they feel you might be interested in. Since IRS.gov is probably one of the most common cookies in our computer's cache you are getting fed TT ads. Your bank has absolutely no control over who's banner ads you see on their site.

Big Brother indeed!

Comment

The movie The Minority Report...

Comment

HRB "Official Tax Partner"

HRB is now considered the "Official Tax Partner" for the Catholic schools statewide according to page 16 of the Catholic Sun, the Diocese of Phoenix newspaper dated Feb 21, 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X