Education and qr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Education and qr

TP age 26 made $2400.00. Went to school out of state. TP borrowed $ to go to school and pay R&B. Dad CO signed note. I think 2 old to be QC but maybe QR. What do you think? Due to distance TP didn't come home much and did a lot of summer school.

Support test

You have to determine if Dad provided more than 50% of support. The big question is, are you going to give Dad something for the fair rental value of his house for maintaining a room for the child. Question is, where is kid claiming legal residence. If in the state where he is going to school then in my opinion Dad can't argue he is entitled to claim he is providing a home for kid. If the kid is claiming residence at Dad's house then you have a tough call to make.

Comment

kid maintains residence in other state to keep tuition low. I guess kid will stand on his own.

Comment

There mere fact that the kid has a residence in the other state doesn't mean that dad isn't supporting him. There's no residency test for a son to be a qualifying relative. However, the fact that the son took out loans for room and board does suggest he's supporting himself.

Comment

Working...
        X