Plug in electric car-ir code section 30d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug in electric car-ir code section 30d

I have not been able to get an expiration date for the above credit. Pls let me know when it is. Thank you. Dale watkins

See page 32 of TTB update on the new law.

TheTaxBook is the #1 fast-answer tax publication in America. Our publications provide fast answers to tax questions for tax practitioners!
    Last edited by Bees Knees; 02-13-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

The question is, did the Fiscal Cliff legislation last month extend this credit for plug-in electrics such as the new model Tesla or the Chevy Volt. Everything I have read is too vague and really does not answer this question. If I find anything I let you know.

Comment

From Spidell:
        The Act extends through 2013, and in some cases modifies, a number of energy credits and provisions that expired at the end of 2011:

Credit for two- or three-wheeled plug-in electric vehicles (Act §403; IRC §30D);

There is nothing about extending the 4-wheel version.

Mike

Comment

Form 8936

This form will not be available until March so we will see then. as of right now there is a place for four wheel vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
            The question is, did the Fiscal Cliff legislation last month extend this credit for plug-in electrics such as the new model Tesla or the Chevy Volt. Everything I have read is too vague and really does not answer this question. If I find anything I let you know.
            Thank you, John.

Dale Watkins

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
              See page 32 of TTB update on the new law.

http://www.thetaxbook.com/view_update.asp?1=404
              The linked article says:

• Has 2 or 3 wheels (cannot be 1, 4, or 18 wheels, etc.),
              Seems rather clear to me that 4 wheeled electric cars no longer qualify.

Comment

Working...
              X