Residental Energy Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Residental Energy Credit

I have a client that in 12 had some energy eff windows and insulation installed. Am I correct in understanding we can still use this credit .

If qualifying residence, qualifying products, and taxpayer hasn't already met the limits, yes, the credit is still available.

Comment

Remember

Installation of these products does not count only cost of products.

Comment

yes thanks for reminding me

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
        Installation of these products does not count only cost of products.
        I forgot about that part

Ron

Comment

Prior year energy credits limitation

Originally posted by photoman View Post
          I forgot about that part

Ron
          And, like DexEA already mentioned, line 20f of Form 5695 can "de-energize" many expected 2012 credits.

FE

Comment

close, but no cigar

Almost had had this credit a few weeks ago, but the product did not have the Energy Star seal. The client even brought in the manual.
            If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

Comment

Question on the Energy Credit

I have a client that put on a heat resistant roof in 2012 and asked if labor was included. When I looked at the Energy Credit chart on page 11-14, nothing about heat resistant rooves were in the chart.

Any clue on whether a heat resistant roof applies to this credit and if so, is labor included? I realize the credit form is still delayed, but I need this information eventually? (And if any future clients qualify for the same credit)

Comment

Originally posted by Bert73 View Post
                I have a client that put on a heat resistant roof in 2012 and asked if labor was included. When I looked at the Energy Credit chart on page 11-14, nothing about heat resistant rooves were in the chart.

Any clue on whether a heat resistant roof applies to this credit and if so, is labor included? I realize the credit form is still delayed, but I need this information eventually? (And if any future clients qualify for the same credit)
                See page 4 of the new form 5695

Comment

Thanks Gene

Thank you so much, I will let the client know that the labor and other costs do not apply.

Comment

Working...
                  X