Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still can't efile certain forms - just me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still can't efile certain forms - just me??

Using ProSeries and I still can't efile returns with depreciation form 4562. Is it just me? IRS advised that they won't accept returns with certain forms until late February or early March. Haven't seen anything new on this or am I missing something? Thanks.

That form is one of the ones delayed due to the late passage of legislation by Congress at the 1st of the year. Still no update on when it will be available for filing.

Comment

Not you

It's everybody...
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbriar View Post
        Using ProSeries and I still can't efile returns with depreciation form 4562. Is it just me? IRS advised that they won't accept returns with certain forms until late February or early March. Haven't seen anything new on this or am I missing something? Thanks.
        No insult intended, but you have answered your own question. The IRS will not accept certain forms yet. Has nothing to do with your software.
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

I thought so

I just wanted to be sure. This board is invaluable to sole practitioners. Thanks.

Comment

Delayed returns with Form 4562

If there are no mileage allowance deduction, no new assets in the current year and no sec 179 and no listed property in the current OR prior years, you can e-file returns, other than C-Corporations, which have depreciation.

If it is a C corporation, and there is any depreciation at all you must include Form 4652 and cannot e-file it until the IRS redesigns Form 4652.

My software allows me to check "include Form 4562 only when required.'
            Last edited by taxxcpa; 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbriar View Post
              Open ProWin 12 and click on the red alerts icon. In the list you will see an alert that addresses the issue and lists the forms not filable with dates next to them that show when the will be ready for filing.
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

just got email from IRS , they will be accepting 4562 depreciation and education credits next week.

Comment

Working...
                X