Where's my refund? problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's my refund? problem

Client's return has been accepted. Where's my refund showed that is was received initially, but now it's asking if info was put in correctly, when we sent it. It's not telling us a refund date, or that's it's even in process. This was one of the first I efiled. Just wondering how others are showing? accepted, refund date?

Is this a question on the refund page? Are they just verifying the "signature" statement from the 1040? Client should call IRS to determine the reason for the question. We have no control over the refund once the return is filed.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Mine shows

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
      Client's return has been accepted. Where's my refund showed that is was received initially, but now it's asking if info was put in correctly, when we sent it. It's not telling us a refund date, or that's it's even in process. This was one of the first I efiled. Just wondering how others are showing? accepted, refund date?
      accepted Jen and the date. Says 21 days for refund though. Somehow, I think they'll receive sooner.

Comment

Using Where's My Refund

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
        This really makes no sense. The "Where's My Refund" is merely tracking a refund already in the system. It cannot suggest "corrections" but only asks for SSN, filing status shown on the return, and the exact refund amount shown on the return. If those three items do not MATCH what they have in the system, your inquiry will automatically face a reject.

(OK, I don't know what will happen if "their" refund later changes the amount and differs from what "your" refund" showed. Error message?? Others may know?)

Returns I have submitted so far have all shown the broad "21 days" comment, and mentioned you can visit the Where's My Refund website at a later time and perhaps receive a more accurate/timely response. The "presentation" by WMR, with a successful inquiry, has changed significantly this year.

FE

Comment

Working...
        X