Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any extra 1099-misc Copy A for 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any extra 1099-misc Copy A for 2012?

Does anyone have any extra 1099-misc Copy A for 2012 (IRS copy in red) for laser printer laying around? I need 5. I order some from the IRS but since I never ordered this particular product from them, I have no clue what the IRS will actually mail me. http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Online...ployer-Returns

Red Copy 1099-MISC

I have them - send me a PM. Plus I have 1096 too
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      Does anyone have any extra 1099-misc Copy A for 2012 (IRS copy in red) for laser printer laying around? I need 5. I order some from the IRS but since I never ordered this particular product from them, I have no clue what the IRS will actually mail me. http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Online...ployer-Returns
      They probably will not send you anything. I ordered some forms from them back in November. I received a notice that they were not in stock but would mail when they came in. 2-3 months later they still have not arrived. I had to buy some.

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

You can pick them up at your local Staples store

Comment

red form

People still use these? I've been e-filing the 1099/1096 info for years.
          I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Matt, which service do you use?

Originally posted by Matt Sova View Post
            I used the QB 1099-misc package for which I thought it was unlimited EIN but come to find out the $39 I paid was for 1 EIN so I used it for the EIN with the most Independent contracts. The other EIN's I have only have one Independent Contractor each.

Matt, what service and/or software do you use to submit Copy A & Copy 1 (state) electronically?

Comment

Fire

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
              I used the QB 1099-misc package for which I thought it was unlimited EIN but come to find out the $39 I paid was for 1 EIN so I used it for the EIN with the most Independent contracts. The other EIN's I have only have one Independent Contractor each.

Matt, what service and/or software do you use to submit Copy A & Copy 1 (state) electronically?
              Filing Information Returns Electronically.

EAnOK

Comment

Creative Solutions

I use Creative Solutions software by Thomson Reuters. The write up software will print all types of 1099's and in late March we file all Federal copies via the file that our software creates thru the IRS fire system. W-2's are filed the same way to the SSA but thru the SS electronic system.
                I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

If you don't get a quicker response, PM me. I have some at a client's site that I'll visit Thursday afternoon. They're from QB. I had to buy a larger package to get enough, so have a lot left over.

Comment

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
                    They probably will not send you anything. I ordered some forms from them back in November. I received a notice that they were not in stock but would mail when they came in. 2-3 months later they still have not arrived. I had to buy some.

LT
                    I always preorder mine and receive a box from the IRS late Dec early Jan with W2's, W3's, W2c's, all the 1099MISC stuff.....we do most of our 1099 stuff with software and efile, but we still get tons of people in asking for forms and don't mind being a resource for them to stop in and grab some at no charge. It's also nice to have them on file for late filers.

Originally posted by Matt Sova View Post
                    Every now and then, yes, plus we hand them out for those that come in and ask at no charge.

Comment

IRS non-laser forms?

On this IRS page to order forms it says "NOTE: Forms W-2, W-3, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, and 5498 Series are non-continuous feed, carbonless, non-laser forms". What exactly is a non-laser form? Does that mean you cannot run the form thru a laser printer but one can run the form thru an inkjet printer?

Comment

Working...
                      X