NC and Education Credits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC and Education Credits

Not succeeded in finding ed credits for NC yet. I know in the past, I have had ammendments when this was passed in late Feb or March. Anyone know anything for NC?

Good question

Since it is still early in the tax season, I have not crossed that bridge for 2012.

I did enter some dummy numbers into my software (creating federal education credits) and nothing showed up on NC where it has previously, i.e. a portion/all would be a "deduction from income" on NC Form D-400.

I did spend some time looking for an answer, including the NCDOR website, and came up short. Either the NC lawmakers have eliminated that break, or it will be another one of those they figure out in March or so.

Until either of us can find something definitive, it might be prudent to hold off filing of 2012 NC returns with federal education credits. (I will definitely not waste my time trying to call NCDOR...a Ouija board would likely be more helpful! )

Perhaps someone on these boards knows the status and will share it with us!

FE

Comment

A review of pending bills in the NC General Assembly does not indicate anything has even been filed regarding this issue as of 1/31/13.

Comment

Thanks all, just double checking to be sure I wasn't missing it! If I here or see anything or something magically shows up in my software (with updates) will share!

Comment

Working...
        X