X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming IRS live Webinars

This is the link I have to check for future IRS webinars:

Is this the correct link?

I see there is no Webinars currently scheduled so does the IRS stop these webinar's during tax season and if so when do they begin again?

Webinars

Historically, I don't think the IRS has offered much during tax season.

Right now, however, continuing education is in limbo because of Loving v. Internal Revenue Service.

The IRS cannot require continuing education for an unenrolled preparer or an RTRP. Those who paid the IRS for CE while those regs were in effect may be entitled to refunds, because the regulatory scheme has been declared unlawful.

CE is still required for enrolled agents, and the IRS is still permitted to offer it. But they probably aren't going to offer very much until they the rest of this drama plays out, or at least until they get some sort of disclaimer on the webinar platform, saying that CE is not currently required for unenrolled preparers or RTRPs.

I always thought the IRS webinars were overpriced anyway.

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Budget Cuts

IRS is scaling down the number of Stakeholder Relations appearances due to budget cuts. I learned of
      this back in November at a tax seminar - way before the Loving case was decided.
      So a good part of IRS reduction in seminars is due to their resources to put on the programs.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
      X