TaxAct Website Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TaxAct Website Down?

Does anyone else here use TaxAct 1040 Preparers Edition? I have been unable to check clients return status' with the program efile manager since last evening. I have also tried to access their website through my TaxAct.com account and the internet ad links with no success. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing problems or might know what's going on.

No problem

I've filed TaxACT returns within the last two days and have had zero problems with acceptance and/or checking on status.

You should NOT have to use their web site. Go to the software startup page, click on the blue "Electronic Filing Manager" tab at the top, and then click on the two green arrows ("refresh") at the top left. From there you should be able to see all information as to any returns you have efiled via TaxACT.

For a return I transmitted on Friday night, that information was "live" within a couple of minutes of actual transmission by me.

(I just checked and all information, using this method, is available.)

If you have continuing problems, you might want to see if you have any firewall issues present?

FE

Comment

I have used it for years with very few problems. I am well aware of how to check with the Electronic Filing Manager tab. It's all working now. Others were having problems too according to posts on their Facebook page.
      Last edited by Justataxguy; 02-02-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

All rightie . . .

Originally posted by Justataxguy View Post
        I have used it for years with very few problems. I am well aware of how to check with the Electronic Filing Manager tab. It's all working now. Others were having problems too according to posts on their Facebook page.
        I don't have very much time for Facebook these days.

I was just trying to be helpful....and all I can say is the TaxACT EF information was available last night and also around 10:35 am on 02/02/2013.

FE

Comment

I haven't tried EF yet, but have another problem with Tax Act. Have used it for several years and been satisfied with the program. When I print state return (for Indiana) the city is not printing on preparer information page. Name, address, state and zip are showing, but not city. Friend of mine using the same program has this problem also. She called TaxAct and they said they cannot duplicate the problem. I have re-entered City in master info but same issue. Doesn't show up when I preview before printing either. Anyone else having this problem with other states?

Comment

Working...
          X