E-file Drain Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-file Drain Times

Anybody know if IRS is draining once a week like they did last year? That was on Thurday at noon as I recall.

We only began sending returns in yesterday (I took IRS at their word), so none of my guys have refunds yet. Since several people have said their clients are already receiving refunds very quickly, I wonder if they're draining daily or what.

I thought the IRS drained twice per day during tax season and processed on Thursdays, but that MeF increased their processing activities also.

Comment

With IRS going to MeF this year exclusively ( I think) there are no "drain times." Instead the software companies transmit just about every minute or so, and acks come back many times within two hours, or even less.
      How's that for improvement?
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
        With IRS going to MeF this year exclusively ( I think) there are no "drain times." Instead the software companies transmit just about every minute or so, and acks come back many times within two hours, or even less.
        How's that for improvement?
        Really good. We're getting acks back right away now. Thanx.

Originally posted by Lion
        I thought the IRS drained twice per day during tax season and processed on Thursdays, but that MeF increased their processing activities also.
        I guess that's right -- I was just thinking about the Thursday cutoff date we had to get it done by last time to get the refund back by Friday week.

P.S. Wonder what's the fastest time anybody's got a refund back after transmitting?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
          Really good. We're getting acks back right away now. Thanx.

I guess that's right -- I was just thinking about the Thursday cutoff date we had to get it done by last time to get the refund back by Friday week.

P.S. Wonder what's the fastest time anybody's got a refund back after transmitting?
          Here's it's six days. Ack last Saturday, direct deposit this morning.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
          X