schedule H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schedule H

OK What I have is a TP that withheld Fed/Fica/MT and state tax assumming this person was going to work the whole year. Turns out she did not work enough to reach the magical number requiring the w-2 to be filed. What would you do? I am thinking filing the w-2 showing the wages and the Fed withholding only and refunding the Fica and medicare and state. What do you think?

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
    OK What I have is a TP that withheld Fed/Fica/MT and state tax assumming this person was going to work the whole year. Turns out she did not work enough to reach the magical number requiring the w-2 to be filed. What would you do? I am thinking filing the w-2 showing the wages and the Fed withholding only and refunding the Fica and medicare and state. What do you think?
    In this case, wages less than .... than.. what? Is a schedule h required?
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I do believe...

In that case you are supposed to refund everything to the employee. Presumably nothing was actually remitted either to the feds or to the state?
      Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

W_2 and schedule H instructions says less than $1800.00. TP paid for home care and has no other business. Therefore we have nothing else to file. TP paid $1200.00 to help before she quit. Just wondering what I do with all the various withholdings since I have no other employment forms to file.

Comment

As I said...

Give them back!
          Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Originally posted by TAX4US

W_2 and schedule H instructions says less than $1800.00. TP paid for home care and has no other business. Therefore we have nothing else to file. TP paid $1200.00 to help before she quit. Just wondering what I do with all the various withholdings since I have no other employment forms to file.
            See this post:

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

Comment

Working...
            X