X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handy 1040V map

Put arrow on state and click.

Thanks for the info

Actually it is more than a Form 1040V map, so quite useful.

Hopefully my software already "knows" the relevant mailing address information, if needed. (It also automatically prints, on the cover letter, the proper Form 1040-V mailing address.)

Of course, with efiles now required I expect to file very few, if any, returns on paper with the exception of a doggone Form 1040NR or two.

FE

Comment

Oh!

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
      Actually it is more than a Form 1040V map, so quite useful.
      Thank you.

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
      ...my software already "knows" the relevant mailing address information, if needed. (It also automatically prints, on the cover letter, the proper Form 1040-V mailing address.)...
      Having never used them, I'd forgotten that tax programs print out those tedious "mailing information" sheets. See; some of us (the more noble & high-minded preparers) supply pre-addressed ready-to-mail envelopes at no charge as a public service to our deserving clients.

Comment

Yes - I am still supplying my people with a 1040-V pre-addressed envelope - So many are still not willing for the "debit" electronic if they owe or or not using EFTPS

Very Handy!

Sandy

Comment

Trying to become noble...

Originally posted by S T View Post
          Yes - I am still supplying my people with a 1040-V pre-addressed envelope - So many are still not willing for the "debit" electronic if they owe or or not using EFTPS

Very Handy!

Sandy
          I enjoy the continuing banter (Good Morning! Black Bart and Sandy) here re envelopes and efile.

My clients absolutely LOVE the IRS debit thing. File in Feb, establish at time of efiling a one-time debit for somewhere around April 8th (be sure money is in bank!), and taxes are D-O-N-E for 2012. Try it....you'll like it!

BTW: There is far more risk with having a paper check rattling through the mail system than sending a few electrons to the IRS, as you already are doing, over a secure network, anyway when efiling. Why do you think most tax/banking documents now show up in your mail box with only masked ***1234 account/SSNs? And what is printed on your usual personal check? Let's see: name/address/phone number/driver license/RTN/DCN to name a few.

I do agree EFTPS can be a pain for most people. It works well once established, but most people avoid the initial process. And I'm still getting annual notices ("we are required to inform you...") for my late parents' EFTPS account, and they died in the last milennium.

Checks of any type will soon be in the same category as rotary phones and 8-tracks. I chuckle about clients who "might not want" direct deposit etc. Apparently for some states their refund now will appear in the form of a....debit card....which probably even has usage fees attached. Will their tune change?

But I will now follow the recommendations of my fellow TTB friends and will provide each client, who receives a Form 1040-V for a federal payment, with a preaddressed envelope. I might even go so far, to further promote client good will, as to put a 46ยข stamp on the envelope for them! The overall cost to me will be quite minimal, as my generous over/under estimate of the number of such envelopes I would need this tax season is six or less.

Have a good weekend!

FE

Comment

Working...
          X