Exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exception

I am unable to contact my software supplier. I tried to e-file a very simple return. It was rejected with a status of "Exception". No rejection codes. Does anyone know what this means? I have e-filed a great many returns and have not encountered this. Help.

Exception

What software are you using?

And what forms are in the return?

Any manual overrides in any particular fields, such as a manual entry on line 21, or something like that?

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Exception

Originally posted by Koss View Post
      What software are you using?

And what forms are in the return?

Any manual overrides in any particular fields, such as a manual entry on line 21, or something like that?

BMK
      Using TRX Pro
      Forms 1040, 5329, 1 W2, 1 1099-Q
      No overrides. Does have an entry on line 21 because of taxable income from 1099-Q.

According to Pub 1346 an exception means that the return was rejected previously with ERC 501 and/or 504. These have to do with the EIC. The return does not have EIC (not eligible).

Comment

Exception

I'll be the software, or the IRS platform, can't handle the 1099-Q yet. I know it's not on the list of affected forms. But that doesn't mean anything. As I said in an earlier post, this is not a "controlled launch" of electronic filing. It is a controlled flight into terrain.

Try this...

Delete the 1099-Q from your software completely, and enter the income manually on line 21.

The outcome, obviously, should be the same. The 1099-Q is not part of the electronic return, i.e., it does not need to be included in the body of data that is transmitted to the IRS.

Unless...

They didn't have tax withheld from the distribution, did they?

BMK
        Burton M. Koss
        koss@usakoss.net

Comment

exception

The 1099-Q was not attached. Only the taxable part of the distribution on line 21 and the 5329 because of early distribution penalty.

Comment

Fixed

Finally got in touch with TRX with hours on the phone and multiple e-mail pleadings. Software problem fixed by TRX.

Comment

Working...
            X