Form 8863 Educational Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 8863 Educational Credit

Had my first educational credit today and was surprised how they had changed the form. Don't recall them ever asking for the name of the school, address, and EIN. Also, a couple of other questions. BE AWARE!!

Up the price

I increased the price of this form by $10 from last year. I also increased the EIC as well.
    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

8863 causing delays

This new form 8863 is also being rejected on e-file by the IRS. Drake has even advised they will not accept such a return containing the form into their queue.

There seem to be a long list of forms which will cause a delay. I am referring all complaints to their congressman, and I think that is where most of the accountability for this mess should fall.

Comment

Thanks zeros

I missed this change. Thanks for the heads up. Becasue of you I only have one return to correct.

Comment

I had to do this last year with Ultra Tax....????

I just reviewed the form and yes there are many more questions, but school, school address and Fed ID were required in my program last year.
          Last edited by BOB W; 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

And more than one student means multiple copies of 8863, p. 2 - a separate page for each student.

Comment

Enter Two Students on One Screen

Originally posted by BP. View Post
              And more than one student means multiple copies of 8863, p. 2 - a separate page for each student.
              I believe I could have entered two students tuition on the one screen. Maybe it flows to two different forms?

Comment

Mid-February...

Is when IRS expects to be accepting 8863's.
                Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Originally posted by zeros View Post
                  I believe I could have entered two students tuition on the one screen. Maybe it flows to two different forms?
                  A page 2 (part III) for each student. See top of p. 2, that Caution statement. Don't know about particular software screens.

Comment

Working...
                  X