Current IRS webinar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current IRS webinar?

Anybody else on this webinar on Cir 230? Unless I missed something, no questions came up yet, correct?

IRS Webinar

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Anybody else on this webinar on Cir 230? Unless I missed something, no questions came up yet, correct?
    Yes, I am on the webinar and no questions have been asked. I think that we just need to answer the questionnaire that will be sent via e-mail after the webinar to receive the credit.

Comment

There may be about three or four pop-ups that you must click on to prove you're at your computer in real time. The e-mail questionaire is optional and for their info.

Comment

A survey did come up

Originally posted by peggysioux View Post
        Yes, I am on the webinar and no questions have been asked. I think that we just need to answer the questionnaire that will be sent via e-mail after the webinar to receive the credit.
        Peggy, a window was hidden that I just found about 15 mins ago that was a survey but it looked like a "generic general survey" for it did not look like it was related to the IRS. It had 6 survey questions and I answered them all #1 and submitted it. Probably waste of time.

Comment

IRS Webinar

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          Peggy, a window was hidden that I just found about 15 mins ago that was a survey but it looked like a "generic general survey" for it did not look like it was related to the IRS. It had 6 survey questions and I answered them all #1 and submitted it. Probably waste of time.
          There was a speaker that came on during the webinar that stated in order to get the credits, we needed to fill out the survey that would be sent to us (unless I misunderstood what she said.)

Comment

Irs webinar

Here is info I found regarding the IRS Webinars:

To receive a certificate of completion, you must:

•View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
            •View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
            •Register individually. Groups can not register with one email address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately.
            Certificates of Completion are e-mailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.

If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.

Comment

I was on the webinar. There was a clock running in the corner of my screen that was timing how long I stayed on. I assumed it was the IRS timer to determine if I qualified for the CEU. Since today's was 2 hrs of CEU I know we had to be on more that 50 min which is for 1 CEU.

Comment

Rebroadcasted webinar?

I was on that webinar for awhile. I got off when I discovered that the webinar was the exact same one I saw on Nov 14, 2012. In Nov, I received the 2 credits so I figured I wouldn't be able to receive another certificate for the same webinar even if it was in 2013. I also had trouble with the viewing and saw no questions, etc while I was on.

Comment

Questions were at the end. Maybe last 10 min

Comment

I saw two surveys

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                    Questions were at the end. Maybe last 10 min
                    Bonnie, were the questions kind of a survey where you had to choose options 1 thru 5 or something like that for that came up twice for me. Onece in the first hour then in the 2nd hour.

Comment

Oh, no not that type of questions, it was a question/answer part of the webinar. I never saw any questions I had to answer. Just saw the timer running on my screen that timed how long I was signed on.

Comment

Working...
                      X