Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this is old news here, I apologize...i thought it was important - Court Ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is old news here, I apologize...i thought it was important - Court Ruling

As of Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, the United States District Court for the District of Columbia has enjoined the Internal Revenue Service from enforcing the regulatory requirements for registered tax return preparers. In accordance with this order, tax return preparers covered by this program are not currently required to register with the IRS, to complete competency testing or secure continuing education. The ruling does not affect the regulatory practice requirements for CPAs, attorneys, enrolled agents, enrolled retirement plan agents or enrolled actuaries

Well, actually

Originally posted by Zee View Post
    As of Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, the United States District Court for the District of Columbia has enjoined the Internal Revenue Service from enforcing the regulatory requirements for registered tax return preparers. In accordance with this order, tax return preparers covered by this program are not currently required to register with the IRS, to complete competency testing or secure continuing education. The ruling does not affect the regulatory practice requirements for CPAs, attorneys, enrolled agents, enrolled retirement plan agents or enrolled actuaries
    yes, it is old news, but thanks for posting anyway. There was a good long discussion of it here recently -- look on page three (maybe four by now) at Veritas' thread "IRS loses round one."
    Last edited by Black Bart; 01-28-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X