No announcement yet.

Include Bus card w/1099-misc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell your Congress people what you think about the Freedom of Information Act.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
      Just because they do it doesn't make it legal to do it. I don't know how they get away with it but I would turn them in.
      Yes, I'm sure your clients will appreciate your getting their employer in trouble, especially since their name would be on the document you are providing as proof. The employer might even single them out for special recognition.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        Yes, I'm sure your clients will appreciate your getting their employer in trouble, especially since their name would be on the document you are providing as proof. The employer might even single them out for special recognition.
        Wouldn't that be a laugh if my clients worked for HRB, etc
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
          Wouldn't that be a laugh if my clients worked for HRB, etc
          Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they know quality work!

I have IRS employees as clients. And one CPA who works for her attorney husband doing his bookkeeping, but no knowledge of tax returns! She is also a beneficiary/trustee of a large trust. I also do that return for her.
          Last edited by Jiggers; 03-10-2013, 07:52 AM.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

All Footlocker Employees received discount coupons from JacksoHewitt

The W-2's don't come in an envelope, they are in the perforated forms similar to the Social Security 1099-SSA's - you "pop" it open and attached is a JacksonHewitt offer "available to all Footlocker Employees". I guess you could say it isn't included in the envelope as there is none, it is not printed on any copy of the W-2, but it is attached and perforated as part of the mailing.

I've seen the same with HRB, but off the top of my head I can't remember what companies, (Old Navy or The Gap I think). I'm sure the legal departments have checked out to make sure the advertising is compliant. I have nothing against these companies, they have no less rights to be in the business of tax prep as does you or I, and as with any profession there are good and bad employees/business'.

And there are some darn good HRB board participants that contribute on the TTB Forum, and which I appreciate just as much as any other preparer with a title or two behind their name.

Comment

I happen not to have a high-priced legal team to guide me. I send nothing to anyone other than my client unless I have a signed consent to disclose on record specifically for that recipient.

There's no reason for me to tippy-toe along a line which may result in consequences I'm not willing to chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ttbtaxes View Post
                I happen not to have a high-priced legal team to guide me. I send nothing to anyone other than my client unless I have a signed consent to disclose on record specifically for that recipient.

There's no reason for me to tippy-toe along a line which may result in consequences I'm not willing to chance.
                I'm in agreement with you. However, I'm guessing the HRB haters are incorrect in accusing HRB of doing illegal activities. One can have an opinion that it is unethical, but I doubt that it is not "legal".

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                  Speaking of ethics and since IRS feels putting a business card in with a W2 is a lapse of same, I'd like to tell them what I think about their selling our names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers to telemarketers.
                  And every tax "educator" that has popped up in the last couple years!

Comment

Working...
                  X