H&R Block ad re Obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R Block ad re Obamacare

You've seen it .... the lady claims she read all 900 pages and she's gonna tell all her clients all they need to know.

I call BS ....we have some H&R Block people here don't we...any comments?

Sorry, no comments allowed until you've read all 900 pages.

But Ana Maria has clearly disqualified herself from ever holding public office. You can't be reading the stuff before you vote on it - that's against some sort of rule in Washington.
    Last edited by JohnH; 01-20-2013, 03:21 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I read all of it

Didn't understand all of it, but I have read it all. Front to back.

Comment

My thoughts when I see that big smile while stupidly bragging about reading the whole thing - So what? Do you know anything about filing a tax return?

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Smoke and mirrors

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
          My thoughts when I see that big smile while stupidly bragging about reading the whole thing - So what? Do you know anything about filing a tax return?

LT
          My thoughts exactly. With all due respect to the Block members of this board, it is merely a marketing gimmick. Stated in a different way, are there really that many things in Obamacare that actually have any effect on calendar year 2012 taxes?!?

Consider their "let us look over your prior returns for errors" come on, followed by countless stories of how they "found" new deductions resulting in huge refunds. Perhaps. But OTOH they can look over my client returns until the cows come home, and I seriously doubt they would have anything of substance to "correct."

Of course, Block is not alone in its advertising. J-H and Liberty pull similar tricks. The January tax market is entirely different from the March/April tax market, and they all just want to get you in the door by whatever means it takes to do so.

FE

Comment

Working...
          X