8453 attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8453 attachments

I understand that with mef (modernized e file), 8453 attachments can be sent electronically with the tax return. A few of these attachments require signatures, the 8332 for example. How is the need for signatures handled?

My thinking is to attach the 8332 without a signature and to keep a signed version with the records.

Thank you in advance for reply's.

Attachments

First print the form , obtain signature(without signature it will not work, a signature is required), scan in and create a pdf file then attach it to the efile portion of the return when you efile it.In my software there is a attach pdf when you efile.

Comment

My software (TRX)

does not allow the preparer to attach a PDF. It will however attach the 8332 itself without signatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
        First print the form , obtain signature(without signature it will not work, a signature is required), scan in and create a pdf file then attach it to the efile portion of the return when you efile it.In my software there is a attach pdf when you efile.
        This is how I would do it.

" My software (TRX)
        does not allow the preparer to attach a PDF. It will however attach the 8332 itself without signatures."

Perhaps you should upgrade your software to one that will attach the PDF. ProSeries does.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
        X