Scolarship reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scolarship reporting

I have an exempt organization that issued 3 non-working scholarships for $750 each. Can someone tell me how or if a 1099 like form needs to be issued?
    Last edited by BOB W; 01-10-2013, 05:23 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Bob,
    Can't give you a difinite answer, however, by reading the following two website--I would say the organization is not required to issue any forms to the IRS.

Located in Washington, D.C., The Catholic University of America is the national university of the Catholic Church, founded by the U.S. bishops and the pope, faithful to the teachings of Jesus Christ as handed on by the Church. Dedicated to advancing the dialogue between faith and reason, Catholic University seeks to discover and impart the truth through excellence in teaching and research. It offers academic degrees in Architecture, Arts and Sciences, Business and Economics, Canon Law, Engineering, Law, Library Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Social Work, and Theology. The CUA Cardinals athletic teams compete in the NCAA Division III Landmark Conference and, in football, the Old Dominion Athletic Conference.

Comment

Thanks Gene, came up with the same conclusion after I posted. Thought the question would be of interest to some. If it was not related to employment- no 1099 or W-2. If related to employment it gets reported on W-2 only.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
      X