Filing with the last pay stub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing with the last pay stub

Jackson Hewitt advertises filing with the last pay stub. Can it be actually filed with the last pay stub?

No..... but they at least get the client in the door and are trying to lock the client to their office when the W-2 does come in.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Prior discussion

Look around here, especially posts of January 7th & 8th:

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

FE

Comment

You don't have to wait to receive your W-2. If the employer has made it available through a system they can access online, get the W-2 electronically, and print the W-2 in their office. Nothing to do with a pay stub. Is the advertising a bit deceptive? Yeah, I think so.

Comment

I wouldn't imagine they are FILING. They are doing refund anticipation loans based on those final figures. Will actually file later.

Comment

I thought filing date was no earlier than 2/15 if no W-2 was in hand or obtainable, and you had to give good reason.

Comment

Clearly, what Jackson Hewitt is doing is obtaining a genuine real W-2. But only for those issued through ADP and whoever else they partner with. You can literally translate "No W-2 Needed" to "No W-2 Needed in your possession if your employer uses a company to issue W-2's that we are able to access and the W-2 exists in that system."

H&R Block did the same thing a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X