Security Policy Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Policy Form

Does anyone have a sample of a security policy that they use for employees to sign? I have just hired my first employees and will need something for them to sign..

Thanks

Superman

Probably

Originally posted by superman View Post
    Does anyone have a sample of a security policy that they use for employees to sign? I have just hired my first employees and will need something for them to sign..

Thanks

Superman
    Too late since you have already hired.

Comment

Why use a form? Simply tell the employee that if you catch them giving out privileged information you'll fire him on the spot. Period.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Interesting thread

I do not see why it is too late just because you already hired unless Veritas means to suggest that your mistake was in hiring anyone at all ever. If he means that it is ok to hire someone as long as you get their signature on a document before you offer them the job or even on the same day, I don't think he is correct. Then you would never be able to modify a contract with an employee or your policies relevant to the employee's work even if the relevant law changed in some way. I do not lightly differ with such a knowledgeable professional but in this case I must.

I have not reached the point of hiring someone but I think that I would be able to get the relevant documents from a Prof Org or Errors and Omissions Carrier. If I did not have one of the latter when I was working by myself I certainly would before I let an employee do any work or touch client data because my understanding is that a Professional who hires employees is as liable for the work of the employees as for work personally performed. I don't have a cite but I would expect that the defense "I did not do it the employee who I trained and supervised as well as I reasonably could did it" to protect me from punishment by the IRS and perhaps even punitive damages from a court but I would not expect it to get me out of making my client whole up to whatever it took to drive me into bankruptcy.

Comment

Just a thought - but in hiring someone and having them have access to a lot of client information - just signing a form won't really matter much, I think the form is important but ----

I am thinking - you might want to also have some type of Employee Check - verifiy their information, criminal background check, legal social security #, etc

Seems to be a lot of these verifications online for a minimal fee - and some state the info is from national database

I am only posting one link as it was the first on the "google search" but there are many more.

Criminal background check and employment screening for businesses and individuals. Affordable and comprehensive results with over 450 million criminal records searched.

Just a thought,

Sandy

Comment

Working...
          X