Form for schedule of Direct Deposits for EFile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form for schedule of Direct Deposits for EFile

Once again, searched and cannot find the form number for that neat little direct deposit schedule for EFiling. Anyone have the number handy?

It has been discontinued.

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
    Once again, searched and cannot find the form number for that neat little direct deposit schedule for EFiling. Anyone have the number handy?
    The IRS has published a new form in its place (Form 2043). They do not want to be committed to exact deposit dates.

Comment

Yuck!!! More trouble for us when people call to know when they will get their money. Do we say 21 days, that seems like alot. Most of mine have been 7-10 days depending on that cycle date. Opinions?

Comment

I just may use the IRS line "less than 21 days last year." I think I'm going to tell my clients to check themselves, something I haven't done before. I may hand out that Pub with each completed return.

Since we still don't know how soon we can start preparing any substantial returns nor how soon we can start efiling, I haven't thought ahead to refunds!

Comment

Dangle the carrot

I remember when the IRS started the Electronic Filing program. In order to get us to EF our clients return, they would promise that our clients would get their refund back in 7 to 10 days (I think that was the time). Then in order to get more people to file EF, they promise the refund to be even faster.

Now that everyone is filing EF. There is no incentive for the IRS to give a speedier refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
            Yuck!!! More trouble for us when people call to know when they will get their money. Do we say 21 days, that seems like alot. Most of mine have been 7-10 days depending on that cycle date. Opinions?
            That depends. I'm going with "The IRS says most refunds should be in less than 21 days." The IRS expects something like 30% of all tax returns to take longer than normal (but probably in that 21 days?) - you'll probably be fine for most customers by saying 7-10 days. But come day 8 the taxpayers calling you what will you say? Come day 11? Come day 15? I'd rather they anticipate as many as 21 and get it earlier good. If they anticipate 7 and get it in 18 they're probably less happy.

Comment

Yes, think I will go with the IRS line too! Thinking of making labels with the "where's my refund" directions and stick it in all the folders. They can check themselves!

Comment

Part of the Blame

has to be taken off the shoulders of the IRS and placed on Congress. My explanation is going to encourage clients to complain to their congressman. Or even better yet, vote them all out of office regardless of political affiliation. There is no valid excuse for waiting every year so late that it creates a fire drill. And just pointing fingers at each other doesn't get the job done.

Comment

Why are so many tax pros so concerned about refund schedules? I see my job as filing an accurate return as soon as humanly possible for the client. It is not my job to check with IRS on when a refund, if there is one, will probably be received.

And I've trained my clients not to ask except in a general way. So this year I'll stick to the "majority in 21 days or less", explaining (as I already have in my annual letter) the extensive fraud IRS was faced with in recent years.
                  ChEAr$,
                  Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Identity theft check

I believe that part of the delay is that the IRS is trying to pick up the output of the identity theft mills that have been churning out fraudulent returns early and collecting big refunds before the owner of the SSN has a chance to file.
                    Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Originally posted by OHIOTAXMAN View Post
                      The IRS has published a new form in its place (Form 2043). They do not want to be committed to exact deposit dates.

Since I gave my clients a copy of the refund cycle chart and pointed out their refund anticipation date in the past. Now, I'm going to provide them with a copy of this form. (It's actually considered Publication 2043). I've already informed my clients in their annual letter about the IRS change. Hopefully, that will help alleviate the shock. lol

Beck

Comment

Not sure my software will give me the info for the 2012 cycle date, but used to - and on the instruction letter - I just included a "window" OF TIME to expect the direct deposit - If software said by the the I added another 7- 10 days -

seemed to take the "HEAT" of the refund queries out of the equation.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                        X