Cali efile registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cali efile registration

I was asked by a newly minted tax preparer here in Oregon if there is a requirement to register with California to be able to efile CA state returns. It's been years since I've looked at that and can't find anything on-line about Cali requirements. Can someone post a link to details on requirements for out-of-state preparers to efile in CA? Thanks,
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Can someone post a link to details on requirements for out-of-state preparers to efile in CA?
    Okay, here's a link that should answer your questions.
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

FTB website tax pro link: https://ftb.ca.gov/professionals/efi...ileInformation

Automatic enrollment when registered with IRS:
      California e-file Program Enrollment Requirements (Individual and Business e-file)

Providers approved in the IRS Electronic Filing (e-file) Program are automatically enrolled in the California e-file Program. In addition, we will automatically receive any updates that you make to your IRS account.

Requirements for e-file participation:
      •To be automatically enrolled in our e-file program, you must be an accepted participant in the IRS e-file Program. We receive confirmation from the IRS after they accept you into their program.
      •Use your IRS-assigned Electronic Filer Identification Number (EFIN) to e-file with FTB. If you transmit returns, use your IRS-assigned Electronic Transmitter Identification Number (ETIN) with FTB.
      •Comply with the guidelines found in FTB Publication 1345, Handbook for Authorized e-file Providers, IRS Pubs. 1345, 3112, 4162, 4163, 4164 and in Revenue Procedure 2007-40, 2007-26 I.R.B. 1488 (or the latest update), to the extent that they apply to FTB's e-file Program.

Once you receive your IRS EFIN, you can verify your enrollment with California by contacting our e-Programs Customer Service at 916.845.0353.
      Last edited by Y2KEA; 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X