New Year's resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year's resolutions

What to solemnly resolve (Scout's honor!) this time?

Just checked Wiki --they say failure rate's 88% (I'da said 98). Only success story I know of is a friend (an admirer of George Washington**) who resolved ten years ago to make no more resolutions. He's batting 100% so far.

Hmmm...what to promise and not surely disappoint again...hmm?

Lose 20 lbs? Nah, no use flunkin' that one again.
    Learn French? No, who'm I gonna talk to?
    Stay out of Wal-Mart more and save money? Good one and a possibility.
    Quit smoking? Nope; did that 40 years ago.
    Cheer up & smile? I'm trying, Lordy I'm tryin'... but that's a hard one.
    Be nice to PIA customers? Maybe, but only if it's okay to daydream about givin' a cussin' to those who say "Do I owe you anything?"/"This (box) is only a short form."/"Is there any charge for that?"

Suggestions, dear colleagues?

** Undertake not what you cannot perform but be careful to keep your promise --- George Washington

I Resolve

I resolve to be more optimistic and less sarcastic.

Yeah, like I won't screw THAT right up.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Happy New Year

My resolution is to no longer accept from my representative's in Washington that it's the other party's fault. If they (Reed, Boener, Obama) cannot work together, then they should be replaced because it's thier job to work together. Also a new resolution is to work in my office with the slogan, which I hung up on the wall, "If you don't take care of your clients, someone else will". Happy New Year to all.

Comment

New Rule

John of PA, new rule is in effect. It's okay to not do your job if you can make a successful case of pointing your finger at the other party.

Comment

I'm going with RitaB's list. I'll add "temper" to it, but I have been working on it for a couple of years.

Happy New Year.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
          X