Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reserve the right to charge additional fees for additional services.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reserve the right to charge additional fees for additional services.

For 2012 tax season I have decided to go ahead with adding an "additition fees for additional services" schedule to my LOE. I came up wiith a list from the top of my head that I the tax preparer would not be responsible for therefore I reserve the right to charge:

Tax related documents that are NOT presented at time of initial meeting: $ per tax document.
    Tax related document(s) that are NOT presented prior to filing tax return: Fee for amending tax return.
    Filed tax return rejected due to the following:

• Dependent(s) was claimed by another taxpayer: $ to delete dependent then re e-file OR $ to file paper tax return to continue to claim the dependent(s).
    • Re-file tax return in paper form due to taxpayer was victim of identity theft: $
    (If taxpayer experience both above, only one fee).

Duplicate tax return: $ emailed and/or $ paper copy & mailed.
    Copy of tax related documents presented to TPP: $ e-filed copy OR $ paper copy & mailed.

I would appreciate any help adding to this list.

You don't have a PITA fee listed. Mine varies by client and situation. Some have actually paid enough PITA to pay for a nice meal at a local restaurant and one on 4/15 one year paid for my 3 days of R & R after tax season!

Satisfaction!

What is a PITA fee? Pain in the %## fee.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

I would take your entire list and replace the "$" enry with "$ per hour, 15 minute minimum". I think you needlessly lock yourself into a fixed price for no good reason if you try to assign a price in advance for every little entry. But if you MUST use a fixed dollar amount for every conceivable situation, add a few more:

1) Deciphering forms with coffee stains - $ per stain
      2) Trying to concentrate on your return while your kids squirm in your lap - $ per kid
      3) Pulling relevant forms out of shoebox and discarding useless boilerplate & envelopes - $ per item disarded
      4) Time discussing weather, politics, or grandkids - $ per forecast, $$ per politician, $$$ per grandkid (charge includes my grandkids because I get to brag about mine every time the client brings up one of theirs)

There are many more I'd put on my list, but maybe this wil get you started.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I charge per hour also, so it's all built into to my fee, I do not break out too much in the bill as it just adds more time to the tax prep, but I will break out a "bookeeping" charge if they are a client of a "shubee" or "shoebox" nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
          You don't have a PITA fee listed. Mine varies by client and situation. Some have actually paid enough PITA to pay for a nice meal at a local restaurant and one on 4/15 one year paid for my 3 days of R & R after tax season!

Satisfaction!

What is a PITA fee? Pain in the %## fee.
          Haahaha....yup, we do have these fees as well.

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
          I would take your entire list and replace the "$" enry with "$ per hour, 15 minute minimum". I think you needlessly lock yourself into a fixed price for no good reason if you try to assign a price in advance for every little entry. But if you MUST use a fixed dollar amount for every conceivable situation, add a few more:

1) Deciphering forms with coffee stains - $ per stain
          2) Trying to concentrate on your return while your kids squirm in your lap - $ per kid
          3) Pulling relevant forms out of shoebox and discarding useless boilerplate & envelopes - $ per item disarded
          4) Time discussing weather, politics, or grandkids - $ per forecast, $$ per politician, $$$ per grandkid (charge includes my grandkids because I get to brag about mine every time the client brings up one of theirs)

There are many more I'd put on my list, but maybe this wil get you started.
          These are great ones also! Ha.

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
          I charge per hour also, so it's all built into to my fee, I do not break out too much in the bill as it just adds more time to the tax prep, but I will break out a "bookeeping" charge if they are a client of a "shubee" or "shoebox" nature.
          While I don't charge by the hour, I, like John of PA, build it in depending on the client and will also add and break out a bookkeeping charge.

Comment

Working...
          X