check the box and form 2553

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check the box and form 2553

Never collected corporation status for a single-member LLC, to be precise S-Corp. status. Only form 2553 needs to be filed and I am fine until I reach the signature line "Signature of officer". A LLC typically does not have officers, they are members or managing members. Two options:

1. Title: leave blank and ignore the word officer

2. Amend the operating agreement and install at least one officer, problem solved.

Anyone done this?

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
    Never collected corporation status for a single-member LLC, to be precise S-Corp. status. Only form 2553 needs to be filed and I am fine until I reach the signature line "Signature of officer". A LLC typically does not have officers, they are members or managing members. Two options:

1. Title: leave blank and ignore the word officer

2. Amend the operating agreement and install at least one officer, problem solved.

Anyone done this?
    Amending the OE is not an option since LLC's do not have officers.

I've in the past simply lined through "officer" and penciled in the word "managing member".
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
      Amending the OE is not an option since LLC's do not have officers.

I've in the past simply lined through "officer" and penciled in the word "managing member".
      Or "Tax Matters Person".
      EAnOK

Comment

Thanks to both of you. Harlan, while it is true that a LLC does not have officers in the corporation way of meaning they still can appoint offices. I just was appointed "President" for a number of LLC's, and no, I am not a member.

Comment

Working...
        X