Mandatory Health Insurance coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mandatory Health Insurance coverage

I think I have read before that employer will be required to provide health insurance coverage to all employees according to new IRS regulation. But I found almost nothing on the internet about it. Do I remember it incorrectly?

A lot of confusing information posted - Try "Googling" Manadatory Health Insurance 2013 or 2014

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
      A lot of confusing information posted - Try "Googling" Manadatory Health Insurance 2013 or 2014

Sandy
      Thank you ST.

I found a USA TODAY news article. It says: "•Mandatory employer-provided coverage. Small businesses – with fewer than 50 employees – are exempt from mandatory requirements. Businesses with more than 50 employees will be required to provide coverage as of 2014 or pay a fine. That means those of us who provide health care coverage will no longer, in effect, be subsidizing our competitors (whose employees rely on public health services) who don't."

Based on what is said there, can I safely make the conclusion that small businesses with under 50 employees are not required to provide health insurance under the new rule? Are there other situations that they will fall into the requirement?

Comment

link to employer requirements

Learn about workforce management, including how to manage employee retention, performance, employee relations and more.

Comment

Working...
        X