Sale Of Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale Of Business

I will be retiring from by tax practice after 40 years on May 31, 2013. How would you folks handle notifying your clients that you will no longer be doing tax preparation after that date.

1. A letter now before tax season explaing this, also including a letter of introduction from the purchaser.

2. Tell them personally when I meet with them for their appointment and giving them the letter from the purchaser.

3. Send them a letter after tax season.

4.???

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks Kurly

How does the buyer want you to handle it?

Comment

I would want the chance to say goodbye and thank them for their business over the years. If the buyer is there it's a good time for introductions. I would tell them at the interview.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

I have purchased two businesses and am in the process of now selling. My plan is to call each of my clients and follow the call up with a letter which will include providing them with the preparer that I found and a referral to that person. She in turn will write a letter, after mine, to introduce herself and assure the clients that she will take good care of them.

Remember that none of them have to use the services of this new preparer. It definately depends on how convincing you are in recommending the new owner of your business.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
        X