Question for renewing EA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree

I was keeping my lip zipped, but the rules stated by NYEA are exactly consistent with my own understanding of the current rules, per Circular 230 et al.

FE

Comment

Circular 230

I thought I was going crazy, but the info you listed is exactly what I thought too. That makes me feel better. Well, I'm not a CPA, but it interested me concerning the difference in credits. Seeing that I just retired working (still doing taxes) and getting older, I'm glad to know my mind isn't gone yet! Thanks to everyone!

Comment

My EA expires March 31st, 2013 so do I complete a renewal form?

My EA expires March 31st, 2013 so do I need to complete a renewal form before the end of 2012 and if so what is the form #? i did not receive any email on this.

Update: I think I found it. Form 8554 dated April 2012. Is this the latest date for the form? The forms says: Applications for renewal of enrollment must be submitted between November 1 and January 31 prior to April 1 of the year that your next enrollment cycle begins. So it looks like I need to complete and mail this in with my check ASAP. Can this renewal thing be done online?
        Last edited by AZ-Tax; 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

You can renew and pay electronically by visiting www.pay.gov to complete Form 8554.

Comment

Working...
          X