Printing Paper & thumbdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Paper & thumbdrive

I usually use Staples Bright White Multipurpose 98 bright (US) and 22 lb. A CPA friend suggested I use this several yrs ago. The brightness does make the black print stand out more. I am curious what everybody else uses? How many of you are also or only giving your clients their copy on a thumbdrive?

At the moment

I'm down to one ream and fixin' to order some more next month (so the Amex charge won't be due 'til January see; is that crafty CFP-grade financial planning or what?).

The bright stuff's fine if you like it, but I don't think people pay much attention past the front page, so flashy bright (as high as $8 per ream) isn't worth it to me. I'm continuing steady as I/she goes with Quill.com (http://www.quill.com /800-789-1331) and ordering 20 reams (item #363-720222) @ $2.99. Good quality, very legible, and pretty dang cheap, I opine.

P.S. Be wary of talkin' up paper too much around here; a few paperless electronistas are lurking about and some of 'em (you know who you are) are like vegans; it's their superhighway or the highway.

Regards, BB

Comment

Not so bright here

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
      I'm down to one ream and fixin' to order some more next month (so the Amex charge won't be due 'til January see; is that crafty CFP-grade financial planning or what?).

The bright stuff's fine if you like it, but I don't think people pay much attention past the front page, so flashy bright (as high as $8 per ream) isn't worth it to me. I'm continuing steady as I/she goes with Quill.com (http://www.quill.com /800-789-1331) and ordering 20 reams (item #363-720222) @ $2.99. Good quality, very legible, and pretty dang cheap, I opine.

P.S. Be wary of talkin' up paper too much around here; a few paperless electronistas are lurking about and some of 'em (you know who you are) are like vegans; it's their superhighway or the highway.

Regards, BB

As for the paper, it's no big thing. For years I used Hammermill Copy Plus, but last time I needed paper I got a deal (rebate?) on Staples 96 bright/20 lb. Think I paid around $25 net for a box of 10 reams. The clerk said it would meet my needs, and so far I have encountered no problems with that product. (Of course, my eyesight is not as good as it once was. )

Now about that Amex charge: I've been known to get easily confused, but it's my understanding that a purchase is made (and the expense incurred) on the date a credit card purchase is transacted. When you pay the credit card bill is totally irrelevant for purposes of any tax deduction. You might want to clarify that....at least one of us is confused.

Thumbdrives: While I provide some PDF files to clients, my guess is the vast majority of my clients would like to see a finished, printed product . . . so for the near future I plan to continue providing each of them with a printout of their return and some related worksheets.

FE

Comment

I use Staples recycled paper. Runs through the printer just fine and I don't really think my clients pay attention to how bright the paper is or not.

If they ask for a pdf I will email it to them. If they want it on a thumbdrive I would have to charge more

Comment

My clients have no preferrence on the paper used to print their copy. Same for my bookkeeping and payroll clients.

I buy all my paper at Sam's. $29.88 per case of 5,000 sheets, plus sales tax.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

I don't think anyone cares.

I print returns double-sided, so I use a 24 lb laser paper. I also use it for correspondence, as it adds a little class and doesn't cost that much more, if you wait for a sale and buy it in quantity. For everything else, I use the lowest price multipurpose paper I can find. I stay away from copy paper, but that would probably also work fine in modern laser printers. I don't think brand makes much difference.
            Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Thanx for the tip.

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
              ...Now about that Amex charge: I've been known to get easily confused, but it's my understanding that a purchase is made (and the expense incurred) on the date a credit card purchase is transacted. When you pay the credit card bill is totally irrelevant for purposes of any tax deduction. You might want to clarify that....at least one of us is confused...
              I'm aware of that, but it's not irrelevant when you're conserving cash rather that gaining a tax deduction.

Now that we have "clarity" and to avoid further "confusion" in the future, you handle your credit card and I'll handle mine.

Comment

Getting touchy here?

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                I'm aware of that, but it's not irrelevant when you're conserving cash rather that gaining a tax deduction.

Now that we have "clarity" and to avoid further "confusion" in the future, you handle your credit card and I'll handle mine.
                O..... K.....

(Didn't intend to add a yellow discoloration to your morning cereal.)

FE

Comment

usually watch for a sale

Staples has copy paper on sale right now. Buy one get one free. it is 92 bright 20 pound. It is $41.99 per case. So it would be paying $21 for a case. But I really don't have a place to store 2 boxes of paper. So I will just wait for a different sale.

I give all my clients a printed copy of their return.

Linda, EA

Comment

Yeah, Buddy

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                    I usually use Staples Bright White Multipurpose 98 bright (US) and 22 lb. A CPA friend suggested I use this several yrs ago. The brightness does make the black print stand out more. I am curious what everybody else uses? How many of you are also or only giving your clients their copy on a thumbdrive?
                    I also use this paper, try to catch it on sale. It feeds through my printers very well.

I also try to time the credit card cycle deal to delay the payment as long as possible. Then I high-five myself at handling it that way. Hey, I take all the victories I can get.

Around these parts, thumbdrives are used to kill those little ants. So, no on that query. Plus, I just enjoy handing a nice looking hard copy to my clients. Many of whom promptly lose it, apparantly, but still... I feel good and that's what matters.

BTW, it's Cyber Monday in case you didn't get the same EIGHT MILLION e-mails that I did.
                    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X