Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Anyone here a super computer guru?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Topic: Anyone here a super computer guru?

I have Windows 7 Home Premium. It has windows Media player 12. I have used that program sucessfully for a long time.

However, since last week, when I try to sync something to my MP3 player I get this message:

"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct"

I have roamed the internet, you tube, and even support from Microsoft for a solution. I have tried everything given or suggested. Still no success. I did upload some digital pictures from my camera between the times I tried to sync. But, I can't think of any other things I have done.

Does anyone have any experience or help to offer?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Windows Media Player 12

Which USB ports are you using to sync your MP3 player with WMP? Front or Back? I've seen several instances where front USB ports drop voltage over time.

Also, have you tried swapping out USB cables?
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

After loading the pictures, did you electronically eject the camera from the computer? Also, are you electronically ejecting the MP3 player if you are using USB to connect it? If you haven't rebooted the computer you might want to try that as well.
      Last edited by JohnH; 11-23-2012, 04:32 PM.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I have two USB ports on the side. It doesn't matter which one I use. I have rebooted numerous times. I have done all types of troubleshooting. I even went into the "Dos" prompt and did a scan. Nothing found. I have been working on this for days. When I google the issue, it seems that there have been questions about this from as far back as 2006. So Microsoft knows it is an issue, but can't seem to provide a way to fix it.
        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Have you tried to upload some more digital pictures from the Camera? You might want to test that to see if it still works. And of course disconnect the camera (or camera card) the correct way.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
            Have you tried to upload some more digital pictures from the Camera? You might want to test that to see if it still works. And of course disconnect the camera (or camera card) the correct way.
            I uploaded some pictures. I do not get an eject prompt. I read the manual and it doesn't say that it must be ejected before removing. I have received that message with flash drives, but never with the camera or MP3.

Anyway, it didn't change anything.

Comment

try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
              X