Ethics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethics Question

My lawyer, Tony, works in a small 2 person law firm and he told me that he had a client come in one day for some advice. Took only 5 minutes but charged him a $100 fee. His client got mad for the high price, but still opened up his wallet and threw down a $100 bill onto his desk and left. Tony picked up the money and was handling it when he realized that there was another $100 bill stuck together making it $200. Obviously a mistake but immediately his ethics training kicked in was faced with an ethical question, "Should I tell my partner?"

Are you saying he would not tell the client of the error and return the money?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
      This is a lawyer your talking about.
      Gary B., E.A.

Comment

Joke

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
        This was intended to be a joke but went awry.

Comment

It gave me a chuckle.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin a joke. It's hard sometmes to pick up on something w/o facial expressions and tone of voice.
            You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
            X