IRS Webinar on RTRP Exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Webinar on RTRP Exam

The IRS is having a webinar on the RTRP exam on 12/9/12. If you would please share this with your members I would appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Joe McCarthy
    IRS Liaison

Are you a practitioner who still needs to take the Registered Tax Return Preparer Test?

If your answer is "YES", then this FREE one-hour IRS Live webinar is for YOU…

Topic: Get Prepared: A to Z Details on the Registered Tax Return Preparer Test

Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Time: 11:00 a.m. (Pacific); Noon (Mountain); 1:00 p.m. (Central); 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)

What's Covered:
    • Why the test is important
    • Who must take the test
    • Why the test should be taken soon
    • How to schedule the test
    • What study tools are available
    • What to expect on test day
    • What happens after you pass or fail
    • Info about a new return preparer public listing
    • How to decide between the RTRP test and the Special Enrollment Exam to become an Enrolled Agent

CPE: Certificate of Completion offered - Earn one CE credit - Category: Federal Tax Law

Information & Registration:

Click on the following link to register:

If you registered for the October 31st broadcast, you will need to re-register.

IRS Video Portal Home Page

Good for EAs?

Would this be of any use for EAs?

Comment

Bob Jennings says Yes. A lot of advertising will be done by the IRS talking about RTRPs and to have the designation will be helpful, not to mention more initials after your name.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

"Are you a practitioner who still needs to take the Registered Tax Return Preparer Test?

If your answer is "YES", then this FREE one-hour IRS Live webinar is for YOU…"

Comment

2nd time I heard about this already.

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
          Bob Jennings says Yes. A lot of advertising will be done by the IRS talking about RTRPs and to have the designation will be helpful, not to mention more initials after your name.
          Sam Matlick, Deputy Director with the NAEA's located in D.C. in a 12/23/211 eamil said that he did not believe the IRS would promote the RTRP designation over the EA designation but this is the 2nd time I am hearing of this on this message board the last 2 years.

I check the link and states nothing about if the credit is good for EA's and since the RTRP study books are NOT approved for EA credits I find it odd that this RTRP webinar would be.

Who is Bob Jennings?

Comment

I stand corrected

I stand corrected, under the sign up form it says: You must enter all 8 numbers of your PTIN to register. Required only for EAs and RTRP's to receive IRS continuing education credit.

Comment

How Long for IRS Webinar Certificate of Completion?

Upon reading the IRS website regarding the Dec 19th, 2012 IRS webinar, it says under Continuing Education Credit "Certificates of Completion are e-mailed approx three weeks after the broadcast". For those of you that watched IRS webinars, does it really take 3 weeks for the Certificate of Completion to be e-mailed?

Find webinars for tax professionals and other video and audio presentations on topics of interest for small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. 

Comment

Certificate

I usually receive it about 2 weeks after. Of course it will be dated the date of the webinar.

Comment

Working...
                X