• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Irish with a Dutch Sandwich

First I heard of this.

You don't get out much, do you?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    This is basically the entire argument of the left in this election as it relates to corporate entities. It's legal. Period.

Good tax planning is essential for multi-national companies and this is just one example of how it's done.

Comment

Corporations large and small are the unpaid tax collectors for all levels of government. If all business suddenly and at once refused to collect and remit sales, excise, FICA and withholding tax the state and federal government would grind to a halt in 30 days.

Their own low tax rate notwithstanding, Apple and their smaller brethren serve an integral and indispensible function in support of the Leviathan.

It is a rare client that I can’t advise of a legal strategy to reduce their tax burden. Be it as simple as a contribution to an IRA or something more exotic such as a 105 plan almost anyone can improve their tax situation. Most are unwilling or unable to make the change. Some are such poor record keepers that suggesting the formation of a Sub-S Corp would be little more than self imposed torture on myself next filing season.

When someone complains of a large corporation avoiding taxation I will ask them, “If I could show you a perfectly legal way for you to reduce your taxes you would want to know about it right?” “In fact as your tax pro you would expect that of me, wouldn’t you?” Without exception I will get a response in the affirmative. I then tell them that XYZ Corp feels the same way.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
      X