Need to hire someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to hire someone

Does anyone have any advise to hire someone? I am expanding this year and will need to hire a couple of prepares. What has worked for any of you in the past? I would like to get someone with a couple years of experience so they will not be to new. I was thinking of posting on Craig's list but just do not know what kind of people I will get

Thanks for any suggestions.

Superman

Give us a clue.

Where are you located, and do you require physical presence or a telecommuter?
    Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

I was just at my share shop last weekend. On the subject of looking for people to work for you, it was suggested to use your local workforce office. They do a lot of the initial legwork and interviewing for you I was told.

The second suggestion that was made was to look at your clients. Is there anyone that you know of that might be looking for work? A very wise and amazing EA down here says she always hires by a person's attitude and personality. SHe says if she can work with them, she can train them to do the work she wants them to do.

If they don't have tax experience, get the tax books basic course and have them take that.

Hope this helps.

Linda, EA

Comment

If the job candidate does not have an existing PTIN from this past 2012 year, will that person need to become an RTRP in order to prepare taxes during 2013? (EA's and CPA's are of course acceptable.)

Comment

That was what I thought also

Originally posted by OtisMozzetti View Post
          If the job candidate does not have an existing PTIN from this past 2012 year, will that person need to become an RTRP in order to prepare taxes during 2013? (EA's and CPA's are of course acceptable.)
          The IRS changed the requirements. Anyone who applies for a PTIN now has until 12/31/2013 to test for the RTRP.

Dusty

Comment

Hire some one

I hire 2 or 3 people every year and have found every time I hire some one with more than a couple of years tax experience I have problems.I always tried to talk to previous employer but most were not responsive.Glad you are expanding we are going the other way.Last year did 100 less returns than year before plan to do 100 less this year.EITC audits make doing certain returns no longer profitable.

Comment

The local technical college is a good place to do job postings. Connect with the instructor in the accounting department. They often have work study programs where the student gets credit for working at a job in the field they are studying. I am not sure how the payroll works out in that situation.

You could pay for them to go through a tax prep course online. Have them work prior year tax returns. When I first got started I did not know a thing about tax returns. Employer paid for a class at Block (where they did try to get me to work for them) and then I spent November and December working prior year tax returns. It got me through the first year pretty good

Comment

Working...
              X