NATP vs Gear Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NATP vs Gear Up

NATP & Gear Up are both having a seminer near me and was wondering is anyone has been to either and if so which they thought is the best.Will only attend one and would like to chose the one most informative.

Seminars

I would go to the NATP 1040 and the 1040 Enhanced whichis also given on consecutive days.

Comment

I've never attended NATP, but I've been attending GearUp seminars for many years, they are definitely the gold standard. It remains to be seen how long that lasts now that they've been gobbled up by the Thomson/PPC behemoth.
      Chuck Warman CPA

Comment

I have attended both, and I have liked both, but it really depends on who you get. NATP was really good years ago. Then one of their best speakers died, and I wasn't too fond of some of the replacements they got.

Gear up has always been good for me, but now that Thomson / PPC owns them, I see alot of new faces I don't know on their list of speakers. My favorite speaker, Bob Jennings, left Gear Up when Thomson aquired them, which gives me a whole new level of respect for the guy.

If he is in your town anytime this fall, I suggest you check his seminars out, because he really will keep you awake and interested. His web site is:

TaxSpeaker combines the knowledge of a national corporation with the service of a small business. We offer webinars, CPE packages, and self-study tools.

This isn't just a plug for Bob because he thumbed his nose at PPC. He really is a good speaker.

Comment

Checked out

Bob Jenning's website and nothing close by.Guess I'll attend the NATP as it is nearer to me and with HIGH gas prices.Guess the deep south has been forgotten as far as seminers go this year.

Comment

Donanita

Well, if you think your state has been forgotten, come to Montana. The only seminars available are from Gear up. No choice. Eat or die.

Comment

Working...
            X