Database of corporate resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database of corporate resolutions

I frequently need to create a corporate resolution for S & C-Corp clients. I always struggle with the wording... I copy text from internet documents when available... but sometimes the client will come in with a corporate papers book and it has resolutions prepared by their attorney. The attorney prepared resolutions are very wordy and look great... nice finished documents. I know the attorney has a support person look up the required resolution from a database of sorts and they just fill in the blanks.

So... does anyone know how to get access to such a database of pre-formatted corporate resolutions?

A couple of links that turned up on a quick Google search.
    (Not a recommendation or even a suggestion that you use them - these are just random hits).

View corporate resolution samples & other free business documents you can use for your corporation or LLC. Edit and download over 100 free corporate resolutions.

Last edited by JohnH; 10-24-2012, 02:57 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

All you need to memorize is this wording:

"Be it hereby resolved: that..... insert what is being stated here)

Along with preceding language as to when/why/where of the meeting and who attended. Secretary signs, and that's it.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

There is a company

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
        All you need to memorize is this wording:

"Be it hereby resolved: that..... insert what is being stated here)

Along with preceding language as to when/why/where of the meeting and who attended. Secretary signs, and that's it.
        Nolo sells a Corporate Minutes book full of resolutions, it would also work for LLCs, here is a link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Corporate-.../dp/0873378199

These books at one time were $100. It is the most complete book I have seen and it comes with a CD rom, resolutions are in Word format on the disk. And, it is written by lawyers (yuck) and includes minutes as well.
        Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

Practicing law?

I hope you never need to explain to your liability insurance carrier why you provided legal services.

Comment

CPA stuff?

Originally posted by TaxTime829 View Post
            I frequently need to create a corporate resolution for S & C-Corp clients.
            TaxTime are you a CPA? My reason for asking is there is a difference between the attest function and the tax preparation function. Unless you can successfully hold out to drive the need for a corporate resolution, it virtually won't happen in the taxation business.

Supposedly a resolution is required for any stock transaction, the most common being the payment of dividends. However, the follow-up reporting of the entire balance sheet (for taxes) reveals that these things just "happen" by fiat, and asking if there was a corporate resolution is met with "I dunno". For example, the payment of dividends is deemed "constructive" whether authorized by a resolution or not.

As has been suggested by another, I'm not comfortable with the tax preparation function absorbing this additional burden simply because the client won't do it or hasn't done it. It may render the idea that tax preparation industry is somehow responsible for this along with everything else for which we must take responsibility.

Comment

I agree

with Michael G & Nashville - SLIPPERY SLOPE........

Comment

Working...
              X